Is your companion showing any signs of illness? Drinking more than usual? Vomiting or not their usual happy self?
At Inverell Vet Clinic we are well equipped with the state of the art IDEXX in-house technology that allows our veterinarians to quickly perform diagnostic tests to achieve an accurate and rapid diagnosis. Our new Vet Connect Plus App for smart phones enables our vets to easily access diagnostic results within minutes. This is especially important in very ill animals and those requiring immediate or emergency treatment. More specialised tests may need to be sent away to an external veterinary laboratory, for example Hendra exclusive testing.
Clinical pathology involves the laboratory evaluation of blood, fluids or body tissues in order to identify existing disease or illness. We offer a large array of diagnostic tests that we can provide to our clients, these include;
· General health profiles for sick and geriatric patients
· Pre-anaesthetic panels for routine surgeries
o This enables us to see how your pets internal organs (such as liver and kidneys) are functioning before beginning the procedure.
o This greatly reduces the anaesthetic risks during surgery
· Phenobarbitone monitoring for out patients on seizure medication
· Electrolyte and blood gas analysis
· Clotting times and packed cell volumes (PCV) for clotting disorders
· Blood glucose readings for our diabetic patients
· In house snap tests - Thyroid, cortisol, bile acids, pancreatitis, heartworm, Feline Aids and Leukaemia virus, and Parvovirus
· Urinalysis with our new IDEXX UA analyser (see image below)
· Faecal analysis including faecal egg counts for worm burdens
· Routine cytology – ear swabs and skin scrapings
All of these diagnostic tests are available to all our clients. Please enquire about them at your next visit or annual health check.